- Taco shells (Flour are my favorite)
- Taco seasoning (I make my own--currently using something similar to this)
- 2-3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes (or smaller)
- Oil of your choice (I use olive)
- 1 can of black beans
- 1/2 jar of salsa (I used the traditional tomato kind, medium)
- Coat the diced sweet potatoes in olive oil and taco seasoning.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet. Bake @ 350 for 30-45 minutes, depending how big your pieces are.
- Heat the beans and salsa on the stove. I usually do this step about 10 minutes before the potatoes are done.
- Make your tacos! Potatoes, beans, avocado and any additional sauces you like. The first time we made these, we added sour cream and cheese. Now we feel it's unnecessary. The avocado brings a cool flavor and creamy texture (like sour cream) and the potatoes have so much flavor, you don't even taste the cheese.